What To Do If Your Spouse Emptied Your Joint Bank Account

Listen as Florida family law attorney Linda Gruszynski explains what to do if your spouse emptied your joint bank account.

First, you can get relief through the court if you are already in the divorce process or if a Petition For Dissolution of Marriage has been filed.

If you have not begun that process yet, you might want to think about doing so. If your spouse spent or withdrew all the money in your joint bank account, that may be a sign of trouble. It depends on what the money was spent on or if he or she mentioned it to you beforehand. Make sure there are no misunderstandings.

We can determine if it is appropriate to seek relief through the court by showing, perhaps, bad faith on the part of your spouse. If you have children, and you don’t have money to take care of them, you should move quickly. The court process is not fast. It can take some time before you get in front of a judge. Watch the video to learn more.


If you have additional questions regarding what to do if your spouse has emptied your joint bank account, call the experienced Kissimmee family law attorneys of Draper Law Offices at (407) 846-0075. I welcome your call. Visit our educational website, where you can view more videos and media content from our law firm.

Click for a Consultation

Draper Law Office

Offices in Kissimmee, Orlando and St. Cloud

(407) 846-0075


In This Section


I was referred to Draper Law by my father in-law after being hit from behind in an auto accident. I didn't realize, at the time, what an important decision I was making by hiring a personal injury attorney to represent me. Charles Draper took the time to explain the process and what I could expect. His professional team was there for me every step of the way through a long, and often complicated, legal experience. I just want to express my sincerest gratitude for all the efforts that were taken by Charlie and his team on my behalf in obtaining a settlement on my case.