What To Do If Your Spouse’s Attorney Refuses Required Legal Documents

Listen as Kissimmee divorce attorney, Linda Gruszynski explains what to do if during the divorce process your spouse and their attorney refuse to give you all legally required documents and information needed for your case.

If this happens and you have made good faith efforts to collect this information, we will then want to file a motion to compel. If there is still no response, we will need to schedule a hearing on the motion to compel. At the hearing, an order will then entered and a time limit will be set in which the documents must be produced.

If they still do not produce the required information we will file a motion for contempt, meaning your spouse and attorney are in contempt of the court's previously issued order. Watch the video to learn more.


If you have additional questions regarding this process or another party’s refusal to provide the required legal documents during the divorce process in Florida, call the experienced Kissimmee family law attorneys of Draper Law Offices at (407) 846-0075.  I welcome your call.  Visit our educational website, where you can view more videos and media content from our law firm. 

Click for a Consultation

Draper Law Office

Offices in Kissimmee, Orlando and St. Cloud


(407) 846-0075

In This Section


I have engaged Draper Law Offices for three (3) different accidents.  My experience with this firm has been excellent each time, with positive results in my favor.  Charles Draper kept me informed throughout the process of each claim.  He was always available when ever I needed him to answer any questions.
The staff could not have been more courteous and helpful to me.  They never made me feel that I was bothering them (and I called quite a lot, believe me).  After a while they seemed like family.
I certainly would engage Draper Law Office (Charles Draper) if another problem would occur.
My recommendation to other people as to Draper Law Office would be “FIRST” on my list.
They are true and loyal to their clients.
I thank them from the bottom of my heart.