Our Firm Fights For Pedestrian Accident Victims in Central Florida
It can happen anytime you’re out and about… maybe you’re walking your dog, enjoying a brisk jog, or merely crossing the street, when you’re struck by a motor vehicle. Without warning, without time to react. Being hit by a car is nothing short of a traumatic experience.
While the laws governing right of way when it comes to pedestrians and motor traffic are there to protect all parties from injury, unfortunately sometimes injuries still happen.
Under Florida law, drivers are required to exercise care in avoiding pedestrians. The law creates a heightened duty for drivers to avoid hitting pedestrians and bicyclists, mandating that “every driver of a vehicle shall exercise due care to avoid colliding with any pedestrian or any person propelling a human-powered vehicle and give warning when necessary and exercise proper precaution upon observing any child or any obviously confused or incapacitated person.” S 316.130(15) Fla. Stat. (2016).
However, pedestrians are required to respect traffic laws in regards to crosswalks, sidewalks, and standing in or crossing the roadway. Though, even when pedestrians exercise caution, accidents happen and they can be extremely dangerous or even deadly for the pedestrians involved.
The attorneys at Draper Law Office have decades of experience helping pedestrians who have been hit by motor vehicles. When you hire us, we will:
- Advocate for your rights.
- Investigate the scene of the accident.
- Gather all evidence to support your case.
- Calculate damages you may be able to recover, possibly including medical bills, lost wages, and other related expenses.
- If you have been seriously injured, or permanently injured, we will calculate other damages you may be able to recover, possibly including damages for physical impairment, scarring, disfigurement, pain, suffering, and diminished capacity for enjoyment of life.
- Deal with the insurance company on your behalf.
- Ensure that the insurance company does not take advantage of you.
- Meet with you for a free consultation.
- We do not accept payment unless we make a recovery in your case.
When you have been involved in a pedestrian accident as a result of an automobile driver’s negligence, carelessness, or recklessness, you may be entitled to a variety of compensations. If you personally have not been involved in the accident but have lost a loved one due to a pedestrian and automobile accident, you may also be entitled to receive damages for the cost of medical bills and funeral expenses, as well as for loss of the decedent’s companionship, support, services, and for mental pain and suffering.
If you were struck by a car, or involved in another type of pedestrian accident, call our office today 866-767-4711 or fill out this web form to schedule a free consultation. Our team is ready to answer your questions and begin the process of seeking justice in your pedestrian accident case.