What Should I Do If My Insurance Company Requests a Recorded Statement?

In today's video, Kissimmee personal injury lawyer, Charlie Draper explains what to do if your insurance company wants you to give a recorded statement following an automobile accident in Florida. 

Giving a Recorded Statement After an Auto Accident 

Under the terms of your automobile policy, you must report the accident to them and cooperate with them. By not giving a statement, you run the risk of having your coverage dropped and potentially having your claim denied. 

Cooperating with the insurance company includes giving some type of statement – either verbal, written or recorded. When giving your statement, you have the right to have a lawyer present.  It is recommended that you do so. It is a good idea to have a car accident lawyer present any time you give a statement to your insurance company. Watch the video to learn more. 

If you have additional questions regarding giving a recorded statement to your insurance company after being involved in a car accident, call the experienced Kissimmee car accident lawyers of Draper Law Offices at (407) 846-0075. I welcome your call. Visit our educational website, where you can view more videos and media content from our law firm. 

Click for a Consultation

Draper Law Office

Offices in Kissimmee, Orlando and St. Cloud


(407) 846-0075

In This Section


Linda was an exceptional lawyer. This was a divorce from (Hell) and was drug out over more than a year. My Ex's lawyer actually quit. Linda was very professional yet had a really personal touch. She actually felt like a friend through this. I really am glad I chose your law firm and would recommend you to others, especially Linda.