Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Draper Law Office Since 1984
  • Free Personal Injury Consultations
  • ~
  • Hablamos Español

What to Do If You Are Waiting to Receive Divorce Papers

Listen as Linda Gruszynski discusses how to get the divorce process moving in Florida.

If you’re filing for divorce in Florida and you and your spouse agree on everything, you may want to know what’s involved in completing the divorce. If you and your spouse have reached an agreement but your spouse hasn’t given you papers yet, you should take initiative and get them yourself. You will first have to file a petition for divorce to begin the process.

After the petition is filed, you can have your spouse served with papers. You can let your spouse know ahead of time that they are going to be served, and maybe avoid hurt feelings. Once they have been served, they have 20 days to file an answer.

You can always reach a settlement at any time during the divorce process. The key is to get the process started. Watch the video to learn more.

If you have additional questions about how to start a divorce case, call the experienced Kissimmee family law attorneys of Draper Law Offices at 407-846-0075. I welcome your call.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Skip footer and go back to main navigation