What Documents Do I Need To File For Divorce in Florida?
Listen as Florida attorney Linda Gruszynski explains what documents you need to file for divorce in Florida.
If you live in Florida and you are thinking about divorce, there are multiple documents that need to be filed, even if your divorce is quite simple. These include the following:
- A Petition for Dissolution of Marriage. This document lays out your claims.
- Notice of Related Cases. This lets the court know if there are other cases open in other states, courts or counties.
- Notice of Social Security Number. It contains your SSN and your birthday.
- Notice of Confidential Information. This seals the pleading so it is not open to general public.
- Family Law Financial Affidavit. Resembles a tax return + budget form with your gross income, deductions and monthly payments.
These are the documents that you can expect to need to file for your divorce case in Florida. All documents need to be signed and notarized. You should do everything you can to make sure everything is accurate and truthful. Watch the video to learn more.
If you have additional questions about filing for divorce in Florida, call the experienced Kissimmee family law attorneys of Draper Law Offices at 407-846-0075. I welcome your call.