Strengthening Your Car Accident Claim
If you have been in a car accident in the Kissimmee or greater Florida area, you may be feeling overwhelmed or unsure of what your options are. Car accidents can be completely life-altering, and when they don’t result in permanent injuries they can cause serious detrimental effects in your life. It’s especially frustrating to consider that most car accidents are avoidable, and were only caused due to another driver’s carelessness–or, to put it legally, negligence. It’s important to ensure that you are able to receive the full amount of compensation that you are entitled to. Personal injury law exists to make the victim of someone else’s negligence financially whole again after an accident, but the burden of proving your financial harm and damages falls on you. By taking these steps, you can strengthen your claim for recovery as much as possible.
Tips for Strengthening Your Claim After a Car Accident in Kissimmee, Florida
It can be hard to know what to do right after an accident. You may be in pain or in a state of shock. However, if you are physically able to do these steps, they will go a long way in supporting the outcome of your claim.
- Take photos. The steps you can take to bolster your claim start at the scene of the accident. Taking photos of the damage to both vehicles, the license plates of all involved vehicles, and the scene of the accident, including tire skid marks, and relevant traffic signals. If weather or roadway conditions are relevant, video is also a good idea.
- Get witness contact information. Another way to strengthen your claim is to get the names and contact information of any witnesses who saw the accident occur as this can help the insurance companies reach a speedy determination as to fault and liability.
- Make a police report. You don’t have to call police to the scene of the accident unless there are any injuries, debris in the road, or the vehicles cannot safely be moved out of the flow of traffic. However, if you do not call the police, it’s important to still file a claim with them as soon as possible. There are also benefits to having them respond at the scene, especially if you think there’s any possibility of injury or if you suspect the other driver may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Get medical attention. It’s important to be assessed by a medical professional as soon as possible after the accident, especially if there is any chance of injury. Communicate any abnormal pain or discomfort to your doctor as not all injuries are immediately apparent and you will still be experiencing decreased pain levels due to adrenaline from the accident. Make sure to keep all documentation from the doctor’s visit for your claim.
- Keep a Pain Record. Keep a daily record of your pain level, symptoms you are experiencing, any doctor’s appointments or actions you had to take as a result of your injury, if you had to take time off of work, and any expenses incurred as a result of your injury.
Contact the Kissimmee Personal Injury and Car Accident Lawyers at the Draper Law Firm
If you have been injured in a car accident, contact the Kissimmee auto accident lawyers at the Draper Law Firm to schedule a consultation so that we can start fighting for you.