Summertime in Central Florida Means More Swimming and the Need For Pool Safety Tips!
Summertime fun typically means more swimming time in pools, and that means pool safety becomes even more important!
One of the most important safety tips to remember is that there’s no substitute for adult supervision when it comes to children and swimming pools.
Important Pool Safety Tips:
- No matter the child’s age, or adult’s age, adult supervision can help reduce injuries because of rough play or fatigue during swimming.
- Always maintain visual contact when swimmers are in the swimming pool.
- If a storm approaches make sure all swimmers get out of the pool.
- Have a hard foam life preserver nearby in case of emergency.
- Use markers that float to show where shallow water begins to deepen in the pool.
- Always make sure at least one family member is CPR certified.
- Door and gate alarms should be installed properly to provide an alert in case of any unexpected entry into the pool.
- Pool decks need to be maintained properly and should be cleaned regularly to help in avoiding slips and falls
- Pool enclosures should be maintained at all times, with screens replaced as needed.
- All pool chemicals should be stored in a locked chemical storage area away from the swimming area and children.
- Keep a charged phone with you poolside at all times in case an emergency arises.
Swimming pools can truly be a “vacation in the backyard” for family and friends, but as much fun as swimming pools are, they can also be dangerous and should be responsibly managed at all times. Always put safety first in and around the pool for both children and adults. Draper Law Office believes that with responsible planning and management, activities like swimming in pools can create wonderful memories for everyone.
Unfortunately, sometimes negligence can leading to swimming pool related tragedies, and the aftermath of these types of occurrences can be overwhelming and complicated.
When faced with the loss of a loved one due to drowning, or injuries related to near drowning, it’s important to have every opportunity to recover damages for you and your family.
At the Draper Law Office, we have attorneys who have the experience you need to get the compensation you deserve for your injuries and damages when your Uber or other driver causes an accident. Contact us online or at 407-846-0075 today to set up your free, no-obligation consultation in one of our two locations: Kissimmee, and Orlando.