Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Kissimmee Injury Lawyer
Free Personal Injury Consultations
Hablamos Español
Kissimmee Injury Lawyer > Blog > Motor Vehicle Accidents > After A Car Accident, You Should Call the Other Drivers Insurance Company

After A Car Accident, You Should Call the Other Drivers Insurance Company

After A Car Accident, You Should Call the Other Drivers Insurance CompanyWhen your car is damaged in an automobile accident that was not your fault in Florida, there are a few things you should do. One of those things is to call the other driver’s insurance company to make sure a claim has been set up. However, if you were injured as a result of the car accident, then we recommend talking with an experienced personal injury attorney before you talk to any insurance company about the accident.

Call the Other Drivers Insurance Company

After your car has been damaged in an auto accident that you were not at fault in, call the other driver’s insurance company. You want to verify that the other driver was in fact insured by the policy at the time of the accident. You also want to make sure that a claim has been established.

Understand that you do not have a policy with the other driver’s insurance company. You are under no duty to give them information. They must do a complete investigation into the accident before they will pay for the damage to your car.

For more information read our articles:

Other Things To Do After A Car Accident

After an accident occurs, as soon as it is possible, take photos of your car or other property damage. If you are able to do so, take photos of your car while it is still at the scene of the accident. You want to document the damage that was caused in the accident. Once a car is moved or towed it can be further damaged, making it more difficult to determine what damage was caused by the accident.

It is critical that you call your insurance company. It is mandated in your insurance policy. You must report the accident. Also, the other driver may not actually be covered by an insurance policy. In such cases your policy will be able to cover some of your costs. Florida offers personal injury protection rights and benefits under the Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law. All Florida residents who own a motor vehicle are required to purchase Florida Personal Injury Protection (PIP). As long as you are the named insured, you are covered by PIP.

Recovery For Your Injuries

The attorneys at Draper Law Office can help you in the recovery of property damage to your vehicle, as well as for medical bills, lost wages, and other related expenses. In the case of serious injury, we can help you recover damages you may also be entitled to, including pain and suffering, physical impairment, scarring, disfigurement, and diminished capacity for the enjoyment of life.

Contact Draper Law Office today to find out exactly what you and your loved ones are entitled to after a motor vehicle accident in the Central Florida area. Our offices are conveniently located in Orlando, and Kissimmee, to best serve you.

For more information about your legal rights after an auto accident, call us now at 866-767-4711 or contact us through our online contact form

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

© 2020 - 2024 Draper Law Office. All rights reserved. This law firm. website
and legal marketing are managed by MileMark Media.